Yesterday night i was invited in a gastro pub where my host said the food was really good and the place simple and cosy… so ok let’s go!
Knowing that I’m trying to be very careful in what i eat, thanks to the challenge i set up with this blog, i studied carefully the menu and i have to say i had a nice surprise: the food was english, different and presented in very interesting combination of tastes and ingredients.
Now i will tell you what i ordered:
– Rasberry and prosecco cocktail – with the drinks they offered bread and butter too, and i couldn’t resist: almost “casareccio” a typical italian bread, very soft but with a nice and strong crust. (not too light but finally i need carbohydrates in my diet :P)
– Oysters with lemon and tabasco (light)
– Fish gratin with cream and Parmesan – i know i’m terrible with names, but this was too complicate and i couldn’t steal a menu. (Not too light but the portion wasn’t big)
– A side dish of cabbage (very light and without condiments)
– and i tried a spoon of a Muscadet Creme Caramel (i was good…just a little spoon)
At the end i was without words: the fish gratin was delicious and the caramel one of the best i never tried…so rich!
On top of that all the dishes were amazing, really tasty and absolutely fresh and well cooked. I was missing a good english dinner and finally i have something to suggest when someone will ask me where eat proper english and nice food.
I also finally understood that i love the mix of fish and cream. Another time i ate a plate in a belgium restaurant, here in London, with mussels, spinach, bacon and cream, all gratin… for how much it sounds crazy, it was just amazing.
I will try to find an italian recipes with these ingredients and maybe the gratin final touch too.
PS. Mamy, ieri sono stata a mangiare in un gastro pub inglese dove finalmente ho trovato del cibo buonissimo, un po’ caro naturalmente ma ne valeva la pena. Tra i vari piatti buonissimi mi hanno servito un gratin di pesce cucinato con la panna ed il parmigiano. Tu hai mai sentito di una ricetta italiana che contenga ingredienti del genere? a parte la pasta al salmone? Insomma l’accostamento pesce e panna mi piace tantissimo ed ero curiosa di vedere se non abbiamo ricette simili in Italia. Fammi sapere!